Friday, February 12, 2010

Recent Reading

Sorry for the hiatus.

Around October of last year, I decided to make it a life goal to read two biographies per year. I would like for at least one of these to be on a United States President, however its not a must. Last summer I began and finished "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck (not a biography, I know!). It was brilliant. I've only recently begun reading novels and, though I haven't read many, John Steinbeck is an early favorite. After Steinbeck, I picked up "Down the Highway: The Life of Bob Dylan" by Howard Sounes. I finished it just before the end of the year. It was pretty good. I'm a big Bob Dylan fan and this gave me some good insight into his life and his album work. It certainly serves as a good supplement for listening to his songs.

I'm currently reading "American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House" by Jon Meacham. The jury is still out on that one.

Hope all is well with everyone.

JWR

No comments: