Friday, March 12, 2010

Dylan Chronicles Vol. 1

I just finished reading Bob Dylan's Chronicles, Vol. 1. It is a wonderful, quick read and I highly recommend it. Dylan is a fantastic writer. He is so good with words. I think the biggest take away for me in reading this book is realizing just how brilliant this man is. He is probably the most well-read individual I have ever read. His memory is amazing and he constantly invites you into the story. There were times when I felt that I was in the room with him. His attention to detail is superb.

My favorite chapter was titled Oh Mercy and it chronicles his recording of that album in 1989 in New Orleans with Daniel Lanois as producer. It is so cool to listen to that album now that I have read his first hand account of the process.

I highly recommend Chronicles, Vol. 1! Now, back to American Lion....

JWR

No comments: