Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stimulus Bill A Sorry Spectacle



NEW YORK (CNN) -- "What a joke. Your Congress has voted to spend almost $790 billion of your money on a stimulus package that not a single member of either chamber has read.

The 1,073-page document wasn't posted on the government's Web site until after 10 p.m. the day before the vote to pass it was taken. I don't care if you're Evelyn Wood, you can't read almost 1,100 pages of the lawyer talk that makes up all legislation in eight or 10 hours.

The criminal part of this boondoggle is divided into two parts. The first is the Democrats promised to post the bill a full 48 hours before the vote was taken to allow members of the public to see what they were getting for their money. Both parties voted unanimously to do this ... and they lied."




Wow. This really saddens me. When will the American people wake up? I believe we should all be calling our elected officials and giving them a piece of our minds. That's what I'm going to do anyways. Is this really going to work? You can read the the rest of Jack Cafferty's commentary here.

5 comments:

Will K said...

The same thing happened at Gen. Assembly in 2007 with the FV report. Yes, I'm still frustrated about that.

It's all ridiculous.

Will K said...

Is that Darrell Hammond?

Jeremy Ruch said...

It certainly looks like an older Darrell Hammond! I think it might be Harry Reid - but I don't know.

Jeff Kerr said...

I'm pretty sure that's VP Joe Biden.

Just $0.02 from a Canadian.

Jeremy Ruch said...

Haha - wow. I'm embarrassed.